Questions to Ask Before Buying Humidifier
For years, there’s a lot of discussion around the possible risks and benefits of using a humidifier. Some people will find that adjusting the moisture level in their home is pleasant and necessary for their family, while others argue that there is a risk of bacteria and mold growth that may outweigh the potential advantages.
If you are still undecided, then we’ll help you figure out if it is the right choice. Here are some questions that you can consider:
Question # 1: What kind of humidifiers are available?
When deciding to buy a humidifier, make sure that you will know the kind of humidifiers available such as wick evaporation humidifiers, steam humidifiers, and ultrasonic humidifiers. Each of them might offer the same result in giving the moisture level you need inside the room but may employ different methods to make that possible.
Question # 2: How do you care for a humidifier?
A humidifier can be a great investment to take and if you want to use it for a longer period, then you have to take care of it. For easy steps, make sure to consider the following:
- Use a distilled or demineralized tap water that prevents the mineral deposits from building up inside the humidifier and may cause the growth of bacteria.
- It’s important to change the humidifier water regularly and empty the tank, dry the inside surfaces and refill it with clean water.
- Regular cleaning should be done every three days. You can use it with 3% hydrogen peroxide solution and remember to rinse it after to wash away the other chemicals.
- If your humidifier has a filter, you need to change it often.
- Keep the area around humidifiers dry.
Question # 3: What are the health benefits of using a humidifier?
Humidifiers are used to reduce health problems that are commonly worsened by dry air. These may include sinus congestion, bloody noses, dry eyes and a variety of respiratory illnesses. The increased humidity can help to ease asthma and different allergy symptoms in adults and children who are having a hard time breathing in dry conditions.
Question # 4: What are the health risks of using a humidifier?
To be fair, there can also be some health risks that most people are afraid of. Too much moisture will allow the mold and bacteria to grow and may eventually trigger more respiratory ailments. However, this can easily be prevented if you will clean the humidifier and take care of it accordingly.